- Advertisement -
Seoul is a modern city full of delicious gastronomic choices as well as great attractions, historical sights, and places to shop.
Best time to visit
The best time to visit Seoul is during the warm weather between summer and early fall. April or September are the best months for sightseeing conditions. Winter is good if you up for outdoor adventures and like skying.
In Seoul, you have three main forms of transportation train, bus, subway, and taxi. The fastest option to get around Seoul is the Airport Railroad Express train. It has two options the express and the all stop. The express option is the fastest one as the all stop will stop at 12 stations before arriving at Seoul Station. While the all stop option is cheaper, it’s about 15 minutes slower than the express option.
Seoul has one of the largest subway stations in the world with 14 lines. It may seem a bit intimidating, but once you get used to it, it’s pretty easy.
Another option to get around Seoul is to rent a car. This is one of the least used options as Seoul has a great transportation system.
Where to stay
There are lots of places to stay at Seoul. Below you’ll find our top recommendations:
- Myeongdong – is tourist’s popular choice. It has great shopping malls, great food, and vibrant nightlife. You can stay at the Aloft Seoul Myeongdong.
- Gangnam is a district that became famous thanks to the song Gangnam Style. One of the best areas in Gangnam is Garosugil. Here you will find artisan cafes, art galleries, retail stores. A great hotel option in this area is the Dormy Inn Premium Seoul Garosugil.
- Insadong – was the home of the elite aristocratic families. Here you will find traditional houses, Korean art galleries, fashion boutiques, majestic palaces, and teahouses. A good place to stay is the CenterMark Hotel.
Places to visit
- Everland – the largest theme park in Korea
- Lotte World – a great theme park for kids with never-ending thrill rides.
- teamLab World Seoul – is an exotic museum of art, dance, and technology.
- N Seoul Tower – is an iconic skyscraper where you can take breathtaking views of the city.
- TrickEye 3D museum – if you love photos. In this museum, you will find wacky photos.
- Gyeongbokgung Palace – one of the oldest and grandest ancient palaces.
- Hangang River Ferry Cruise – a wonderful way to enjoy the panorama of the city.
- Dongdaemun Market – Here you will find 26 shopping mall housing around 50,000 different manufacturers and 30,000 specialty shops where you can buy the trendiest fabrics.
- Namdaemun Market – This is the oldest market in Korea. It has 400 mecca houses, 10,200 stores. You’ll find everything you need, from clothes to kitchenware and electronics.
- Insadong – is where you can find traditional souvenirs like artwork, tea, ceramics, and paper goods.
Foods and Drinks
For authentic bibimbap, you should try Gogung in the Myeong-Dong district. If you would like to try Korean BBQ meals the best option is the Wang Bi Jib and the Gangnam’s Sutbul Mapo Galbi. You also have street stalls available where you can have chicken skewers and pork belly.
Among the best drinks you’ll find in Seoul you have the Bokbunjaju which is a wine-liqueur with raspberry flavor, soju a Korean vodka and more than 40 varieties of vodka and 200 wines.
- Advertisements -